Sunday, March 26, 2017

First 100+ miles ....

It's been a wild, wet and white at times kinda ride ... from springer we had great weather turned into frigid and ice crusted winter lands ... you can see the photos on Cavey's Adventures facebook page ...

Hawk camp area was packed with us up on the a.t with no room below, that was find with me for sure ... I like camping away from others generally.

Stayed a night at TOG at Unicoi then again at dicks creek ... Bob's a good friend and an awesome place. Hope to work with him sometime soon ...

Crazy wicked winds and lightning at hogpen ... I thought I was gonna blow away lol. Easy 50 mph winds.

Btw, the BBQ stop in Hiawassee is a must ...

The night over trey was frigid and ice crusted tents and a winter wonderland I just couldn't help but stare deep into its magic and beauty. It's why I do this, so peaceful.

Once out of ga, shit just hit the fan till standing Indian which is the easiest 5k mountain you'll ever hike.

Albert mountain was a bear of a climb, but wasn't my first time going up it. However, I must of tried to forget how much it sucked. Teardrop, iceberg and his dog dovah all ate dinner while we watched the sunset and night hiked a few more miles into the night to rock gap then into franklin ... Siler bald was spectacular. If you don't hike up there you're missing out hard. Fire damage still heavy going over wayah ... and down into the NOC where I'll be hiking out this morning ... till fontana!
Check caveys adventures facebook for photos and more!

No comments:

Post a Comment