Sunday, January 22, 2017

Late night thoughts and demons

Laying here, trapped in thoughts of what is already knowledge from experience and enough pride and determination to still think it'll be a walk along many parks ...

Leaving early March pretty much assures me I will see snow and maybe with some luck more than a few times ... I honestly like being engulfed in the majestic winter wonderland of the deep woods. Snow is very much possible well into April .... only downfall in my opinion is the nasty mud that comes after, in slush piles ... sure does feel good on the feet though. It'll wake ya up for sure.

Alot of self doubt is always a lingering thought, I was reading another guys blog and he himself was having thoughts of dropping everything and investing so much emotional time and money to even think of failure is heart wrenching. I don't think of it in terms like that anymore. My problem now is simply what the trail and I have gained from each other, the fire to finish and do it all for myself and those who've seen me struggle to get this point again. Letting people down is always a heavy thought, but letting myself down when you know those who look up to you.

One step, one view, one mile .... it's not gonna be easy, but it's not impossible.

Rain, snow, wind or fire ..
Embrace the suck.
--Cavey

No comments:

Post a Comment